Monday, August 23, 2010

Non Negotiable (poem)

My children,
Alexander and Sophie...
You have two Fathers!
Me here on this Earth, all too mortal for my comfort or yours,
And your Father in Heaven, Who is also in your heart NOW!
This is the truth,
It is NON-NEGOTIABLE.

And I have loved you from the moment we could scan your heartbeat,
Through birth,
Through childhood,
Into this confusing time of adolescence.
My love for you is without limit -
Even in those times of pain,
I would choose to hold you
Rather than let go.
NON-NEGOTIABLE.

Here we are...
Uncertain times for all of us,
A mortal coil which is probably loosening up (for me),
Lives which apparently become more complicated (for you both).
And soon you may not see me.
But you will remember me!
And my love for you will NEVER die.
How could it????
It comes wrapped in God's love.
NON NEGOTIABLE.

Your Father loves you beyond the end.
You can tap into this
And be refreshed,
Empowered,
Reassured,
Strengthened,
Protected.

I have never left you,
My love will never leave you,

And the love of YHWH grows in you even as I speak,
Transforming us all into creatures of beauty.

This is without doubt.
This is without reservation.
This is NON NEGOTIABLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment