Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Irish Heartbeat CD Review

Van Morrison and the Chieftans, 1988.

The Chieftains - arguably the best Celtic band around (and still going strong).
Van Morrison - the man.
Together - spirited, authentic Celtic folk songs, and a couple of Celticised Van songs which sound so much happier on this album than in their original costumes.
My favourites - all of them, BUT ones that put a spring in my heart or make me reflect deeply on the love I've received overf the years are She Moved Through the Fair, I'll Tell Me Ma and Marie's Wedding.
I should issue a diddly-i-die warning to those of you who won't touch anything folk-ish with a bargepole - you will be disappointed.
All others, 10/10.
And enjoy Irish Heartbeat and Celtic Ray (the Van originals).

No comments:

Post a Comment