Friday, August 6, 2010

My Dad - a tribute

My Dad was a volatile man.
A little like a barometer, his mercury rising and falling with the weather.
A passionate man - either all in or all out - not half way.
A man of strong moral principals, kept through his life.
A broadranging sense of humour, which sometimes fooled himself!
An acceptance of me.
No hand raised to me, ever.
No discouragement to do other than what I desired to do.
No paternal expecations to turn me into an engineer.
Always there at every concert I ever did that he was physically able to attend!
Affirming, loving, comforting...thanks, Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Gerald...

    I wanted to say thanks.

    Thanks for your humor, courage, strength and humility.

    Thanks for distinguishing what is important from what is not.

    Thanks for not using your blog to bitch, whine, or feel sorry for yourself.

    Thanks for opening my eyes to how each second counts, even if it's spent just watching a good movie.

    Thanks for reminding me of a higher power, even if I still don't attend church on a regular basis.

    Thanks for the kick in the pants and letting me know I have work to do in the "I need to be a better husband & father" category.

    If/when/whatever happens, I just wanted to say thanks guy. Words can have a trickle down effects that the author never realizes unless someone actually tells him.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thanks, Wayne!
    Means a great deal to me, in my mind and my heart.

    The Higher Power is there/here, church or no church.
    Think of church as A channel for that power, not a precondition for it or even the exclusive channel.
    ENJOY the power/friendship/release that God gives you, and feel free to share it!

    Much love to all you and yours,

    Gerald.

    ReplyDelete