Thursday, August 12, 2010

11810 - the day digested

A bit of a lie-in again - enjoying the 5 minute porridge - so smooth!

10am my sister Carla "abducts" me for a coffee at...you guessed it...Columbus in Onehunga (the best date scones in Auckland, and excellent coffee).

12.15pm - Kerry L visits, bringing with him a delicious butter chicken pie from Green Bay - delicious.

My bro-in-law Brian comes by with a new will to sign - all sorted.

2pm - AWOL!!! (you will have to guess where if anywhere I went and what I did!!)

6pm The Godfather Part 2, at Fred and Patricia's.
Treated to a delicious meal (quite an intense spagh bol, with very good wine to accompany), and then the movie itself.
The movie is outstanding, BUT not everyone's cup of tes (too violent for some of us).
It features a wonderful performance from a lean and wiry Robert de Niro as the young Vito Corleone, and shows the moral "descent" of Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) as he establishes his authority as the new Godfather.
Beautifully filmed.

Then...back through the freezing cold to home and a warm bed...delicious to hop into bed with the electric blanket firing away!

5 comments:

  1. Ah - the butter chicken pie from Green Bay - they are damn good!

    x
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha!
    Does this mean I have snapped your lunchtime whereabouts??

    Also...any movement on the a cappella trio??

    Fresh pies - very satisfying - what a shame they have a tendency to be fattening and unhealthy...
    Maybe once a month (who could survive that long though - as you can sense, I am clearly traumatised by the dilemma of pies...)

    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - when I visit I shall bring you another one! I would say - you have permission to eat as many pies as you care for?

    I live and breath Green Bay every day - its my hood and the hood of those teach....kinda nice living 600 meters (as the crow flies) from school.

    Will suss some times with M*lasses (the trio) - we did a sing with the big band from the Browns Bay RSA today - what a nice combo of voices/brass/drums/guitar/keys and repertoire etc.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop writing the date wrong, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to all things.
    Alexander, it's the Americans who have it wrong, mate.
    Always remember that, my young apprentice!

    ReplyDelete