Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Green Field (poem)

Bucket list...

No bungees, no parachutes, no expensive holidays, no lobster mornay or dom perignon...

Give me a green field and running free...

No movies, no shows, no concerts, no circuses...

A green field, and running without slowing down.

Fresh air pumping unhindered through my body.

No extra weight.

The possible danger of falling over!

Not rolling onto a herniated, tumourised, surgically sensitive stomach.

A green field, long grass, squishy mud or dry clay...

Take me back to my childhood!

That's all I ask!

Not so I can postpone anything in particular...

So I can run free,

Nearly flying,

Heedless, Careless in the luxury of a totally unnecessary moment.

Let the green field be mine!

2 comments:

  1. Schtrontium copenhagen schtranalnov - I like this poem.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Richard.
    That means much.

    G.

    ReplyDelete