Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DVDs and Books

Even if I lived another 50 years, I would not have enough time to read all the books or watch all the DVDs MANY kind friends and family have passed on to me in my illness.

I am very grateful to you for bearing me in mind, and certainly giving me heaps of stuff to choose from.

However, "chances are" if you ask me "did you read...?" or "did you see...?", the answer you receive will be a sheepish "Not yet..."

I am trying to make 2 points.

1. Please don't send/give me any stuff unless I BEG you for it (I am still looking for the novel of Anna Karenina, by the way - one more good Russian novel for the road!)...

2. If you have loaned me stuff and want/need it returned, drop me a line to get it back to you...

CDs are ALWAYS welcome, as I can listen to them even if I'm not listening to them, if you follow me...

Ah well, Scott's Antarctic Diaries off the bookshelf, Mad Men on to the laptop DVD-player, and we're all set for a cosy evening...

Talofa lava,

Gerald.

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of Tolstoy's book 'Anna Karenin' on the shelf (probably from my university English studies).Would you like to borrow it? I could bring it on Sunday if you like.

    ReplyDelete