Sunday, March 22, 2009

4 Steps to Build a Strong Core

The title of an article in my Active.com newsletter caught my eye. I think it's a bit late if I haven't done that already, don't you?

Anyways, planks and long-lever swiss ball crunches (!) are all very well, but unexpected and major crises are pretty effective in continuing the real inner-strength building.

Gerald is feeling loads better. I went "back to work" on Friday, not so easy but possible, necessary, and a good balance for me, too.

Sophie and I attended the open day at St Cuthbert's yesterday, which was alarmingly inspiring for S. I think she really enjoyed seeing that there are places (including this one) where no objective she set herself would be considered too high.

Alexander's parent-teacher afternoon on Thursday was a truly enjoyable time to spend with him. Encouraging, inspiring teachers who are helping impart enjoyment of learning per se (I think!). And Maths is GO, sitting iGCSE this year, all students expected by precedent to receive at least an A, which will add a bit of spice to life come October/November.

I'll be spending 3 days in Sydney on business this week, as we won't be back in at the hospital to get any more news yet. My sister Nola is coming to stay in order to educate Gerald in the true benefits of macro-vega-bioganic healing approaches and the evils of the medical system (a smile wafts gently up from the page, this is another place where I need my "beware sense of humour" sign).
In truth she is coming up from the Coromandel with her 6-yr old at my request - thanks a million, Nola. The only drawback is that Nola is loads nicer than me, so I am in trouble when I get back ...

1 comment: