Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Don't Just Lie There...

So what have I been up to today??
Not a lot.
Biggest achievement was passing 2 bowel motions (when Gravity calls, you need to respond).
But I figure that even "just lying here" must help the healing a bit.
I am now able to lie pretty flat without my stitches hurting.
Tomorrow Lois will take me to the doctor's at 9.45 for a check-in/check-up/debrief.
Visitors today included Carla and Paul, passing thru on their way to Rotorua for a conference, my mother-in-law Lorna, who got the morning sun on her back, Ollie and Renata (finally the beer arrived!), come to take Alex to Coldplay, seventh form student Starzya Emery (who came looking for me yesterday at Ak Hosp. with a St Patrick's hat) and, from school, Theo, Kerry and Gil.
Gil informs me the school is front page news because of our fiafia night.
So yes even though laid back, not uneventful.
Music for today: Cat Stevens' Teaser and the Firecat and Bruce Springsteen's The River.

2 comments:

  1. I find it hard to imagine you as anything other than laid back Gerald so posture now congruent with your way of being perhaps !!
    Album launch at SJTL coming up - try www.ionaleigh.com love and hugs Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE RIVER - to RIVERPEACE

    Praise God for big achievements. I remember that post op issue very well - and have reason to recall it most days!
    Moving on....
    Yesterday I did a two hour lecture to students on Job. The two things I learnt about Job were: (i) that God thought of him as his "Champion"; (ii) that his heroism lay not in his patience or perseverence as such, but in his boldness with God - expressed in a) anger, b) calling the Almighty to account; c) recognising that he knew some things but didn't know everything.

    Today I recorded a song that I often think about at Easter. I wrote it for my sister Sophie, when she was first battling with cancer. It's about the cross of Jesus and the way God joins us in the difficulties of this broken world. You can access "Stumbling" here: www.dormandy.co.uk/richard/music/songs.html. If that doesn't work, just go to www.dormandy.co.uk and navigate the obvious channels.
    "Riverpeace" was partly inspired by listening the River the first time around!

    ReplyDelete