Friday, March 27, 2009

A Time of Gifts

This is the title of the book I am currently reading, sent to me by my sister, Marjan, who lives in Wellington.
And today has indeed been a "time of gifts".
I won't itemise them heavily - that might be a bit utilitarian and really everything that has come my way today has been a gift.
But I will mention 3 gifts that came my way...
First of all Lois's gift of attendance and attention this morning and at lunch and at times when the whole thinking-about-Death thing became overwhelming.
Thank you, Lois!
Secondly, Andrew Barron's gift of Music (he's only gone and lent me the solo albums of the former members of The Band - a whole new world of music just opened up).
Thank you, Andrew!
Thirdly the gift of tickets to go and see the Killers when they play here on April 8th, from Marc Fountain and his band of brothers ....
Thank you, Marc and co.
Fourthly, Gafa Maiava (Sophie's teacher from year 5) visiting and singing me a beautiful song by Leanne Womack called "I Hope You Dance" (Gafa tells me this is accessible on YouTube).
But there have been many many lovely gifts this day - the biggest gift being the people that God sent my way to share time, laughs, food, drink and aroha throughout the day!
I am going to start a little visitors' book I think so people can leave their name and a message if they would like to!
In the meantime shouts go out to Rosalie (district nurse), Plonie (sister) Dierdre (friend from Uni days), Andrew (PPTA FO), Tim (bro-in-law with surgery to sinuses that happened yesterday), Coralie (friend from Church, primary school, junior athletics, "Uni"), Kerry and Theo (carpooling buddies to the end), Andrew Clasby (Buena Vista Social Club "fixer"),Maree (piano/keyboard teacher from school) and anybody and everybody else who dropped by today...thank you for making this day SPECIAL!
Love,
G.
p.s. if you did drop by today and your name is NOT written in this blog yet, let me know and I will fix it ("virtual" presence doesn't count though....but thanks for the phone callers too!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gerard

    I just wanted to thank you for the gift of your time today. I really enjoyed just chilling out and catching up with you. Keep smiling and being you. It was an honour.
    Alofaaga - Gafa x

    Will visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol she doesn't even know your name. it says gerard. tehe.

    and yes thank you mark/marc, please let me know which it is, for the killers tickets. it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Alex, you don't even know his name (lol)...See you soon then, Gafa (bring a new song!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - sorry about that!- YOu're right Alex - even teachers make booboos - especially on a Friday afternoon lol.

    Ps- Your dad got my name wrong once today too so I guess we're even lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, break it up, stop the fight!!! LOL anyway I see enough of those at school to last me forever. Can't wait 4 Sarah 2 reply 2 my email so that we can go 2 a movie sumtym...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mouse - did you get a reply from Sarah? You may need to make other arrangements if not...
    G.

    ReplyDelete