Monday, March 16, 2009

Time out of time

"A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours."

In any normal circumstance, I think J B Priestly was on the mark; however right now Gerald's rather sorry haze isn't holiday-inducing!

The point is:
For anyone checking this blog, this afternoon wouldn't be a good time to visit.
If you were thinking of coming this evening, do just txt or ring me (021 606 115) first in case Gerald has improved by then.

Thanks all

L

5 comments:

  1. Despite your advices, here I am visiting - the only way I have at this point.
    And without taking too much of your time and energy, which will need to be carefully administered by you both!, send love to each and all of you.
    Gerald I will be in Ak in a couple of weeks - make sure you're up to a visit, and I'll sing you the only Cat Stevens song I know (or not...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerald.
    Sorry to hear that you're not feeling that great today. Perhaps a busy weekend is just for now still a bit too much. It was great to see you in such good spirits on Saturday. For now, kia kaha and hopefully you feel better soon.
    Els and Theo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Uncle G
    Hope you feel better by tomorrow and that you get to go home soon. I can't sing but I can whistle... and hum ... (shrek).
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, my internet connection is working again, and, um... oh. Sorry - I didn't see this before I dropped in yesterday afternoon (making constructive use of my downtime).

    At least we now know more about pineapples. Bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read, what Cat Stevens song do you know? I think you could get a great job as a Cat Stevens impersonator, 'cept he's more of a guitarist than a pianist.
    Ian is referring to a question I asked in my lucid moment during his visit - "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" which of course led on to many other questions of an exploratory nature.

    ReplyDelete