Saturday, March 14, 2009

Which is the real world?

Whilst Gerald, in theory, is the centre of the known universe right now ...

(loud protests off stage "Waddaya mean, in theory?")

Sophie has a birthday, and this is cool.

9 of her friends (at last count) are currently creating gently giggly 12 and 13 year old girl mayhem, and will continue to do so here for the next 19 or so hours (not that I'm counting :-)).

And Alexander's cousin has a birthday party sleepover elsewhere for 14 year old boys, which I think has got to be worse. Good luck Heather and Tim!

Better go drop Alexander off, leaving the girls to their own devices VERY BRIEFLY (capitalised for any parents reading this).

... making predictions has turned out to be very difficult, particularly about the future.

Hmmm... I'm thinking I need a code sign on this blog which means "look for the joke in what I just wrote", as sometimes my humour gets overly dry or overly black.

I haven't thought of it yet, I'll let you know when I do. (suggestions welcome)

6 comments:

  1. It's only worse if pyrotechnics are involved - they aren't going to be complimenting each other on the shade(s) of pink they're wearing, after all.

    Am I under a misapprehension by thinking that "following" this blog would mean I'd get email notifications of updates? I'm not, so have I set something incorrectly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. testing, just to see if this works and I am doing it correctly

    nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gerald

    I have been sorry to hear all your not so good news this week; but am glad to see that you still seem to be keeping in good and humorous spirits.
    I hope your recovery from the operation is as quick and easy as possible.
    lv
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian

    Dunno, in answer to the update question.
    But it would make sense, hey?

    Ummmmmm.... you're the technical person? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quote from Heather herself, "That has got to be the easiest birthday I've ever done" or something to that effect... So rethink which one would be worse, particularly for neighbours etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. point taken, Alex.
    which one would be smellier though?

    ReplyDelete