Friday, March 27, 2009

The Unknown Distance to the Great Beyond

Having failed the original Wonder Woman auditions on mammary size and leg length, I considered another attempt at the title based on sheer number of jobs and project streams and stakeholders simultaneously being managed right now (Gerald as invalid, friend and partner, Alexander's & Sophie's negotiation of change, job/business, travel, home and school business as usual, finance, familyFriendsCarers ...).

But not for long. Just a few moments' further thought reminded me that
a) excellence, not just willingness to attempt would probably be required and
b) I can't possibly do it all, and the outpouring of practical friendship is a great lesson to me - as well as the only way this could work.

It turns out you can observe a lot by just watching ;-)

L

1 comment:

  1. Lois

    Your strength through adversity is a real blessing.

    I know that even when you are crumbling on the inside, you manage to put on a brave face, and stay focused on the task ahead.
    Your family can be very proud of you….in my books you are wonder woman.

    How you manage to be a full time mum/nurse/business woman and friend amazes me. You may be small in stature, but you make up for that with a wonderful personality, and huge spirit.

    Anyone can give up; it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

    You are in my prayers…

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete