Monday, March 16, 2009

Vision is not enough ...

... it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs. Francis Bacon.

Still aiming for Gerald to step up the stairs at home within a couple of days.
Following a great outpouring of ...well... sevradol, tramadol and panadol, Gerald is "a few steps down", he says, in terms of pain, and more comfortable.

I left him watching Amadeus at his request after forcefeeding him at least a square centimetre or so of corned beef in a trillion small bites.
You can tell I am a very patient person (bursts of incredulous laughter cut in rudely).
It's just lucky I've been the invalid plenty of times, so I get some of what it's like.

I apologise you have another post from me but I am now back home and need to ring Vodafone tomorrow.
Our key modem/Vodem has decided it has reached its data download limits, but cunningly will not tell me for what.
The session? The day? The month? The century?
Therefore Gerald can't post from hospital till I convince someone to do something different.

My entrepreneurial moment - of considering getting Vodafone to provide us free data - seemed like a good plan for someone with energy (not me right now!)
Conducting a business meeting with Australian colleagues in an empty hospital whanau room via Skype over a Vodafone wireless modem seemed like it might be a nice advertisement for them?

Anyhow, must be bedtime for Alexander so that I can give sleeping another go too, real soon now.

L

1 comment:

  1. I pray that you get a good nights sleep, and that Gerald is home soon, and pain free.

    Isa 35.
    3 Strengthen the feeble hands,
    steady the knees that give way;

    4 say to those with fearful hearts,
    "Be strong, do not fear;
    your God will come,
    he will come with vengeance;
    with divine retribution
    he will come to save you."

    5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
    and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

    6 Then will the lame leap like a deer,
    and the mute tongue shout for joy.
    Water will gush forth in the wilderness
    and streams in the desert.

    ReplyDelete