Sunday, July 4, 2010

Another Early Rise...

Will the rhythm/tempo change?
I have had a lovely sleep, but am now "full of energy" and wanting to embrace the day.
Dexamethasone awaits (steroid anti-nausea).
My Sunday morning ritual begins with music...

Something from one of my "Big Five"...
1. Jan Garbarek, or
2. Bob Marley, or
3. Van Morrison, or
4. Sinead O'Connor, or
5. Youssou N'Dour

(not forgetting Yusuf or indeed Nick Cave on a more up-beat Sun am).

(and not forgetting the subsidiary ritual of Born to Run! ...beginning to sound like a one man Catholic Church I suppose!)

Wife and kids not up, Garbarek and Hilliard Ensemble's "Mnemosyne" (sax and renaissance vocal quartet combined) drifts through me...what a way to awake!

Good Morning!

BTW I think it is important not to struggle too much with the lack of sleep or unusual hours - I'm just going with the flow on this, aware that it's a likely combo of things influencing me, and keeping warm (thanks, Joke, for the purple beanie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment