Friday, July 9, 2010

Lorna

Lorna is my mother-in-law.
She is an absolutely amazing woman.

I paricularly honour her in this blog for her courage and faith.
She, like me has a terminal illness - in her case chronic leukaemia.

She keeps going, and even tho she has had some close shaves with low immunity to viruses etc. she shows me what it is like, how powerful it is, to take each day as it is given, and to know that our days are numbered and at the end of our mortal lives we will have lived no less and no more than God would like us to - tremendously freeing thought.

She has stuck with me and Lois and our kids thru some very difficult times, without judging us and coping with what for her must have been heartbreakingly ugly situations.

And she nursed Arthur in his declining MND year with such care, respect and hope...
And, the amazing, amazing thing is that she always has a radiant smile to light each day.

Love you, Lorna!

Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment