Monday, July 26, 2010

Back Again!

Just to let you know I am back home officially again!
Woke up this morning and the nurse said ""when are you heading home?"
I had been thinking that the hospice space is a good place to be in, and I will detail that a bit more later, but, with the sun shining, and knowing how much fun there is to be had in the unstructured ways of home, I thought, "okay, let's go for it!"
So, tho I may need to head back into hospice some time/any time I am taking this bonus time as special, yummy, nurturing time to share with any who come my way.
You are all welcome - I will be back into my scheduling of time while I have that privilege, so do phone to check times etc.
As one might expect, I gave a little farewell concert of 3 songs before we left the Hospice - "For My Friends", "The Carnival is Just Beginning" and "Resurrection".
Went down well.
The nurse was quite apologetic, saying "we never chuck anyone out"! A great, positive soul - the overwhelming sense is that my progress has been outstanding and there should be no days wasted - well, I second that!
People, consider EVERY day as a day not to waste, regardless of whether "busy" or empty - a busy day does not make for a full day, and an empty one is not necessarily wasted...
Usual contacts for me now (land line, blog/hotmail/cell).

Much love,

G.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Gerald! It is so good to see you blogging again. For the last 16 months, checking your blog has become part of the daily routine, so it is good to see your comments again.I'm pleased you are a bit more comfortable than when I saw you in hospital two weeks ago and I hope and pray that that status will remain for a good while yet.
    Much love, Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Coralie - one of my most stalwart followers! Always good to read YOUR ongoing encouragements. Love to mum, sisters, and the other Macrobs!

    ReplyDelete