Monday, July 5, 2010

Gratitude Atitude

Sorry about the cheesy rhyme/platitude?
Maybe it's the altitude (dexa 3000 feet and rising!).

Strangely, my thoughts drifted to the aspect of Thanks/Gratitude/Grace/Atitude this morning, and were further provoked by Ian M's question on the Islam/Christianity post (do read and contribute, all of you!)...

Giving thanks - a helpful rite is give thanks when you wake up, and give thanks when you go to bed.
As well as at meal times.

My daughter Sophie will probably shoot me for saying this, but she is our regular Grace-sayer at family meals...her prayer?
"Thank You God for this food. Amen."
What else needs to be said?
We aren't grovelling, obsequious, psychophants trying to score an extra dollop of chips or dash of ketchup.
It's there.
God has provided.
Thank You.

The rite I outlined above gets us to thinking also about the many, many people who touch us with their grace and goodness, sharing it around - even if you still don't believe in God, hopefully you can think of a few people/events who will/have grace(d) your life today.

I was thinking of blogging my thanks - I know I've already done that considerably...so we'll see how that goes (I am really not into setting up routines at all at present except for in relation to my eating).

If you feel the need for a cry/smile/hug/thank you/joke, let me know!

Have a gracious, graceful, grateful day/evening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you appreciate my Grace. God appreciates it. =D

    ReplyDelete