Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Music Box

My coffin is being prepared.
As of today it will be called the Music Box.

My friend Andrew is making it, and helped by Alex and Soph.

I invite you to bring things to stick on it - word messages, photos, pictures.
I guess you could email stuff through to Andrew via me - it will of course be hard copy.

And my body will be disposed by cremation, so be prepared for the stuff to go into the fire, not the soil.

You are welcome to come and check it out - I do appreciate the squeamy aspect to this and not all of us are comfortable with it.
Guess I shouldn't have read Moby Dick at such a young and impressionable age (hmm, do I have time for one more sojourn through the South Seas with Hermann/Moby/Ahab/Ishmael/Queequeg?)...

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Vulks Wagon whanau! hehe
    I sat down and read all your blogs, thank you for sharing.
    Sir, I will give you a txt this weekend as I'll be making my way to Piha for a gig on Sunday, hopefully you'll be home so I can pop in. Arohanui ki te whanau,
    Kiri
    x

    ReplyDelete