Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ownership

We own nothing...apart from our perceptions and attitudes.
All else comes from and goes back to God - we are His.
All that we have is His, and therefore to SHARE with all His children.
Ownership is something that has been distorted from the moment the fruit was taken from the tree...

Jesus's story about the bloke (property developer??) building bigger barns is helpful...
WHY build a bigger barn?
Consider carefully.
On our deathbeds, I guarantee, none of us will be saying:

"I'm so glad I built a bigger barn...
Had 10 trips overseas...
20 pina coladas...
38 parties in different themes...
bought those jeans
That car
Those CDs
DVDs"

I'm not trying to kill joy here...as you know, I would LOVE to experience things I just listed!

But our purpose is not to hoard, store or own anything in this world.

Even the love we have is ours to steward and share, not hold on to selfishly.

Happy sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment