Tuesday, April 28, 2009

School - The Final Frontier

It is a wonderful thing to be greeted by so many smiling faces upon return to work, along with genuinely concerned queries of "Are you all right , Sir?"

It is a wonderful thing to be told by ALL members of the Senior Management Team to "take it easy" upon returning to work.

It is a wonderful thing to be treated to a special coffee, with warm greetings abounding once more, in the company of colleagues with whom there is mutual respect.

It is a wonderful thing to find that one's classes, once the work has been spelled out, are more than capable of rolling on with it with the enthusiasm one hopes they would have for it.

It is a wonderful thing to be told by one's boss "Your health is the most important thing to me."

It's been a beautiful day, from start to finish, leaving me thankful to my colleagues, my students, my family and friends and fellow bloggers, and to the One who put me on this planet and will eventually lead me into His house, into an even bigger welcome than I've already received.

Otahuhu College - it ain't Heaven, but it'll do for now!

I had a sleepless night - pain in the neck (I had discovered a "3rd nipple" (metallic) on my left side, which Toe Pune pointed out was probably for when they monitor me as they do the chemo), and the anticipation of the new day - sorry, Lois (but great to have a good book to read as well, more of which later).

Many good things, but I guess the best thing was hearing kids say "are you hear for good now, Sir?", and being able to say "Yes, unless I emigrate or God decides to move me on"...

Fa'afetai Lava
Malo Aupito
Kia orana,
Arohanui ki a koutou.

Gerald.

4 comments:

  1. Being a music teacher "are you hear for good now, Sir?" is quite a good pun. (Thought I'd get in before A.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't people such a gift from God?

    What an amazing testimony of how God can put people in our lives for 'such a time as this'.
    Even just to say 'are you here for good sir?'.
    As simple as it is - its touching that they will try and reach out to you in some way.

    I'm reminded of how God used Queen Esthur and her words were that the Lord may have put her in the kingdom for such a time as this - as a mediator for her people.

    Great to hear that God is using all those dear ones in your life who in some way, shape or form wish to express their love for you whether it be through a hug, coffee or a simple phrase - at such a time as this.

    What an awesome season of love you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I meant)
    What an awesome season of love you are in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I meant "are you here (NOT hear) for good?" but couldn't work out how to correct it after I'd posted.
    Well done spotting the pun/typo, Ian.
    Thanks for bringing out that theme of God's love expressed through people, Gafa.
    In many ways, that's what THIS life is all about, eh?

    G.

    ReplyDelete