Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good News!

...I met with Gil Laurenson, my school principal, today, and agreed a return to work as of Day One of Term Two (which is actually day 2 on our 6-day calendar)!

I am really looking forward to this (to all you cynical colleagues reading this - all I can say is "You don't know what you've got till it's gone")!

No complications with this - we will take the complications that arise as they come.

I MAY have my portacath "pipeline" inserted on Monday - an all-day job with a general anaesthetic - but I DON'T KNOW because...I haven't heard anything.

This is the best news!

Then, later, I received a blog comment from the pixies (see blog from 15 April) offering to continue the generosity (? pixies, please correct if I am wrong).

As I have been using up sick leave and Lois is not yet in money-making mode with her business, our financial resources have been much more limited, so the advent of the Magic Pixies (I DO believe in them) is highly welcome.

Other really good things happened today, very much counterbalancing the stuff from Monday - too personal to share here.

Let's just say, today has been a brilliant day - thanks to Gil, Toe, Barbara, Chris F, Carol Ann B, Ric C, and the Pixies (no, I am not going mad and I haven't been on anything stronger than panadol).

Well, today WAS going to be about the Theology of Music, but that can wait till tomorrow!

Love and Gratitude,

Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment