Monday, April 13, 2009

Oncology - 1 Day/Alexander's Birthday

So, I will soon be sitting down with the oncologist (cancer doctor) to talk about treatment.
And all treatments and responses are unique.
And I am not sure what I will be told or how I will respond.
And it will be at 8.30am at Green Lane and last up to an hour.
And I hope I will get some time to do the stuff Lois and I have talked about! (long term plans)

And it is Alexander's birthday - he is 14 today.
Just finished Easter Camp, as has Sophie (hers is called E-camp).
So, tonight, chocolate cake with lemon icing.
Maybe a movie?
Family life returns to "normal"...

A lovely morning with Lois.
Checking out trails on the Piha/Anawhata Roads.
We walked down to and up from Whites Beach.
I have NEVER been there before - half an hour down a steep path (followed by half an hour up the same! Talk about exercise!).

A flying visit from Carol-Anne B today (colleague from work) who has made me a wonderful quilt - currently being displayed in the living room!
A less flying visit from Bruce B (ex-fellow-congregation-member-muso from Valley Rd) - we got down to the nitty gritty of talking about CHEMO.
And his Korg Oasis wonder-keyboard.

Till tomorrow then!

Gerald.

2 comments:

  1. All this exercise - you make me feel very lazy and guilty - and I haven't had major surgery!
    Will be thinking of you at 8:30 as I'm dropping Andrew off - he's off to Uni Games in Taranaki for the week - playing Ultimate Frisbee (like American Football but using a frisbee instead of a ball).Hope to visit you again one day this week.Keep your pecker up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be lovely to see you again, Coralie.
    Thursday afternoon probably not so good (dietitian), but fairly flexi otherwise. The frisbee sounds like fun!
    Love,
    G.

    ReplyDelete