Thursday, April 16, 2009

from football to funerals...

watched arsenal thrash villareal, 3 - 0 - thanks, Kerry.
nurse visited and picked up unused dressings, bandages, etc.
her daughter exactly same first 2 names as ours - thanks, Christi H.
by the way, Kerry has a website for his plays - it even features some of my music on it.
kerrylynchplaywright.com.
off to a place called PB supplies at 4 station rd, so alexander could buy disks that can be printed on and rechargeable batteries for caving.
lunch as usual.
walk round cornwall park - thank you, Lois..
visit ak hospital dietitian kerry mcilroy who affirmed my current diet and gave advice about what to look out for when chemo starts - thank you, Kerry McI.
stop in foodtown to have free sample of pinot gris and buy salmon for dinner (on special) - thankyou, colonel foodtown.
home to watch more blackadder (thankyou, alexander), eat psalmon - er, i mean, salmon - with spuds and broccoli and white wine (not the pinot gris) and episode 2 of 4th or 5th series of 6 feet under (hence "funeral" in title) - thank you, Lois.
receive delightful package from Lois's sister, Margaret and her family (living in North Carolina) - package contains Reese's chocolate peanut butter products and lovely cards from M's kids - thank you Reese, Wayne and Margaret, Schmitz children and Heather Smith (who was the "messenger").
i leave you all (tonight that is) with a little prayer of thanksgiving "from a fearful man"...

Dear Lord,
Thank You for today.
Thank You that I woke up breathing!
Thank You that both legs are still firmly attached to my body!
Thank You that my car did not crash.
Thank You that wasps, bees, mosquitoes and sharks did not plague me today.
Thank You that I survived my wife's driving.
Thank You that the house did not catch fire or fall down.
Thank You that terrible pains did not afflict me.
Thank You that none of my family or friends suffered terrible accidents today.
Thank You that I had no toothache...

For tomorrow...
Is it possible to have a rerun of ALL of the above??

Love,

Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment