Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Day of Rest

Sunday.
The day when the clocks have been shifted back, giving us all an extra delicious hour to stay in bed.
After a more uncomfortable night, I decided to NOT join in the music team and church.
I often need to get a second opinion for these things from Lois, as I tend to bounce along into what is first desirable or attractive, with little thought for the consequences thereof.
After church, which included a wonderful ceremony in which we burnt palm crosses as a token of being "free from sin" I took Lois to the airport - she is off to Australia till Tuesday evening.
From there it was on to the Baxter family birthday do, where we celebrated the birthdays of all those born in March and April - as usual, there were many children (including our own 2) and adults waxing philisophically/stoically on the joys of family/schooling/jobs/health etc.
Good to be with family for a while.
This post is heading out at 4.12pm as I listen to "Bad Brains Live at CBGB's 1982" (don't ask!) - once again the weather is Heaven-sent, and I am hoping to catch up with more rellies this evening...and hoping that I will be able to change my dressing okay tomorrow, let alone sleep well.
A lot to be said for time in which all one has to do is "chill out".
Looking forward to The Killers on Wednesday!!
Supported by The Checks (a North Shore band who I quite like).
G.

5 comments:

  1. Did your cross burn? My paper one just sort of smouldered, and even that took a while. Should I be concerned about the significance of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all.Mere outward signs still in a fallen world, where Sod's law often appears to hold sway over God's law (of love! - fancy having a law commanding us to love God and one another....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but proofread! Obviously you did not use the computer time to say 4:12 when it actually states that GERALDANDLOIS posted this at 4:07 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 4:07 PM timestamp is supplied by the server, using the server's clock, whereas the 4:12pm is supplied by Gerald... keeping time to a different drumbeat.

    ReplyDelete