Monday, April 27, 2009

Explain "Tommy" To Me....

The op went well.
I feel a little like Dr Frankie's 1st attempt at playing God....
Especially after General Anaesthetic, you wonder where your original head is!
I will be in at work tomorrow, with a vengeance (hmm, suitable entry music for a Year 10 class???).
My throat gets dry quicker - just a post-op thing or something to contemplate for the future long-term?

Welcome to our new follower, Kirsty!

I have just had a lovely conversation with A and S regarding the Who's musical, "Tommy".
I think, for the first time EVER I have been able to make coherent sense of the narrative and explain the relevant social/contexts to others AND myself (if anyone is still searching for the meaning/significance/PLOT, drop me an email, tho if I get ENOUGH requests, I will blog it!).

"My Fair Lady", eat chocolate!!

Thanks to all who contributed in any way shape or form to my survival, nourishment, succour, joy etc. today - and the nurses and doctors who helped me at Ak Hospital were ab fab.

Home Group beckons (Church History from 600 - 1000 AD - "The Dark Ages").

HOW TO BECOME A FOLLOWER

To become a follower, all you have to do is click on the appropriate instruction/line in the side panel for "followers".

IT'S SO SIMPLE I DID IT BY ACCIDENT!

Love,

Gerald.

p.s. next "haircut" (i.e. potentially frightening/momentous/faith-inducing oncological occurence - YES! it's a euphemism!) Friday, 1.30pm at the Cancer Society.

Tomorrow 8.30am will find me in the Otahuhu College Staffroom, happily perched "like a Rose between 2 Thorns" (sorry, Ken and Peter - couldn't resist!!)

16 comments:

  1. "I'm FREE!" de-derum de-der, de-derum du-duh
    "I-I-I-I-I-I'm FREE!" de-derum de-der, de-derum du-duh
    And I'm waiting for you-ou to follow me

    diliddle-di-di-liddle-di-di-liddle-di-di-liddle
    di-diliddle-di-di-liddle-di-di-liddle-di-di-liddle

    is teh best bit I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the word I had to copy to authorise that post was "tummu" - surely a South Seas version of Tommy n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the subject of the Who's musical, I have Pete Townshend's Iron Man album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "diddle-di-di-liddle-di-di" indeed - not confused with the Pinball Wizard are you? This could be one of 2 Richards, and I am reluctant to guess which - the Reverend Roger Daltrey or the guy who's gonna be singing in a Russian opera in August - fess up, please, either of you!

    Pete Townshend also did a stint as fiction or poetry editor for ff (faber publishers), which was Ted Hughes's (Iron Man author)publisher....

    if my memory serves me well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know he had co-produced The Iron Giant (film). It's a pity that film wasn't marketed better.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129167/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Gerald & Lois

    Just stopping by to say HI! Just catching up on your last few weeks of goss. My computer was having a paddy! So much happening for you guys. Malo le faamalosi Gerald. You're a soldier! Once a teacher always one aye? As much as I loathe that day before term starts again, it seems to be a constant that keeps me grounded and puts me back into routine. Heres hoping you have a lovely day tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have loads of fans eagerly awaiting your return. Heres praying for many pixies and faamanuiaga (blessings from heaven) in the next few weeks....

    Love Gafa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerald
    Hope today (Tue now)went well! Hope to catch up soon but that might be harder now that you're back in the 'force...
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ian, I think the whole Iron Man thing has a special resonance/relevance for Mr Townshend.

    Gafa, yes, a lovely day at school today. More on my next blog.

    Adele, do I just get the iron tablets from a regular pharmacy?

    I agree, it seems like it may be harder to keep easy contact going!

    Love,

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iron tablets, Iron Man... SOMEthing is resonating here. Is this the start of a new Cyberman?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cybermen are my favourite Dr Who arch-enemies. They seem a bit tinny now, sort of like eco-lightbulbs, but I used to enjoy hiding behind the sofa when they emerged from their hatching places.
    Totally ruthless dudes. G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like them so much now that they're quite clunky and originated on Earth - that sort of takes the mystique out of their existence. But I loved them in Silver Nemesis, which is the only 7th Doctor story I've seen. At one point the Doctor was broadcasting some jazz to block the Cybermen signals. Cut to Cyberman control room, where the jazz is being played on a loudspeaker. Says one Cyberman to another: "It's meaningless!" Classic line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pinball wizard would be:
    diddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle
    (semi-tone down)
    diddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle
    (rpt)
    durrrr....! (over the top)
    diddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle
    (semi-tone down)
    diddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle-iddle-oodle
    (rpt)
    Ever since I was a young boy...
    From Richard the Rev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, that is confusing to say and I feel sorry for you who wrote it!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. But perhaps the effort was worth it?
    Can you do a diddle-i-di version of Bohemian Rhapsody??
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think there would have to be some "dah"s in there as well.

    ReplyDelete