Saturday, April 25, 2009

Portacath -2

A windy night and day in Auckland City.

The vW routine on a Saturday is to do household chores up to lunchtime.

Lois and I usually head out to Orvieto for planning our future (week, fortnight etc.)

But as today was ANZAC day we headed out to Columbus in Onehunga instead (a great building, with a good variety of places to sit, including a conference style room, and a courtyard for summer).

Today I trained Alexander in the mysterious and esoteric art of "hanging the washing".

He made a willing and adept apprentice - hooray!

Afternoon involved a Hilly Hillsborough walk with Lois (I am now at the stage of considering the weather, as I would not like to catch a cold once chemo starts!).

Have just had a couch potato session with Sophie, watching episodes of "The Simpsons" (2nd series).

In the episode "One Fish, Two Fish, Blow Fish, Blue Fish" Homer confronts his mortality, having eaten the "wrong" part of a blowfish in a Japanese Sushi restaurant.

He makes up a bucket list and proceeds to cross of the items, rushing desperately towards the end....

The episode is both poignant and hilarious, and if anyone would like to borrow it, let me know...

I have also been confirming musoes for the Psalms concert on 24th May, 7pm at Mount Roskill Baptist Church.

If anyone would like to come do feel free (the concert is free, and I will keep "preaching" down to a minimum....).

My old school friend, Robyn, who is now a Methodist minister (she followed in her father's footsteps) will be playing folk harp and singing as well, and there will be a power point display to accompany the psalms.

Hopefully the chemo will not have adverse side effects on my singing, fiddling or strumming.

Back to the fire!

Love,

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment