Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Don't Stand Around Like Friends At a Funeral..."

I love this line by Neil Finn (Crowded House).
For me, I guess it applies to not wanting to have people come along and be sad or funereal when talking to me.
I am not dead yet!
...and even if I was, I would want you all to know that I was in such a fantastic place of peace and goodness and wholeness that there were no worries.
My situation has never been hopeless, and it never will be!
The Peace is, phenomenally, still with me.
I have experienced this Peace (that passes all understanding) before - it is a wonderful gift, and you can't do anything about it except honour it and enjoy it...
Today has been another beautiful day of meeting with friends, writing stuff and listening to music.

Andrew C took me out for a drink at Orvieto (favourite cafe - they know Lois and me pretty well by now!), then we walked half way up Big King (an extinct volcano that overlooks Mt Eden/Three Kings/Mt Roskill) - the weather today stunning again.
We prayed together - sweet!

Christi Fountain dropped in a couple of delicious-looking gourmet tarts from Cafe on Eiffel, which, like the good boy I am, I promised I would share with Lois.
Christi does palliative massage, and has offered to come back and do some for me some time.

Adele Little dropped in bearing croissants, champagne ham (notice lack of comma!) and apple syrup (I had told her I was craving apple syrup, and she brought some along - however this was different from the "rinse appelstroop" the Dutch spread on their sandwiches like jam or honey - tasted good though!).

A surprise visit came from Robyn Allen-Goudge, an old school friend of mine who is now a Methodist minister and musician in Devonport.
She brought feijoas (my current fave) and a CD she made 11 years ago!
The CD is called "The Love I'm In" and features 12 songs, mainly devotional, in which Robyn sings like an angel and accompanies herself on guitar, autoharp, Celtic harp, and has a bit of support from a band at times.
I have already played it 3 times today - it's a very soothing, uplifting album - if you are interested in checking it out, go to robyn-g@clear.net.nz.
Thank you, Robyn!
I am hoping Robyn will join me in the psalms concert on 24th May...

A little break, with both Lois and me taking a nap, followed by a chat with Maria Carbines, also an old school friend...
Interestingly she had been visiting ward 78, near 76 (my recovery ward)over the last few weeks, as a family she knew were all seriously injured by a drunk driver on their way home from Muriwai.

I also received a phone call from a man called Jackson (Jack) Blyth who was with me in hospital, and who would like to meet up next week at his retirement village.
A lovely, interested and interesting man.

By the way, I am definitely open to cafe dates thru the week - either 11amish or 3pmish is good - while Lois is in the country she gets priority booking of course - there is a good selection of cafes round here.

And have you heard?????
Simon and Garfunkel are going to perform here at the start of June!
I will be keeping my eyes/ears "peeled" for the sale of tickets.
Paul Simon is an all-time favourite of mine....
That's about it for now - no champagne tonight (drank a whole bottle yesterday - first time in my sheltered life), back to the red wine.

Molto amore,
Geraldo.

8 comments:

  1. Eat, drink and be merry!!! Hurrah. How cool. Will have to come down with Coralie and have a vino lol. I know she doesn't do coffee and tea so maybe we can talk her into wine.

    Coralie? we'll set a date G&L and get back to you x
    Gafa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'not dead yet' declaration lol - just tell me who's being funereal with you and I'll beat them up hahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to get violent about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - Ok maybe tickle them until they can laugh and stop being so serious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. and something I heard today "don't be fooled by calendars: some people can squeeze a year into a week, others use a year to finish a week'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerald - damn straight your not dead yet...thanks for the shock back to what's important. At best, life is a vapor - a prelude to the real deal. Among the daily challenges, we can't forget about sky diving, Rocky Mountain climbing, or going 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wayne and Margaret, that HAS to be Wayne writing! Um, sky diving is not on my "bucket list" NOR Fu Manchu NEITHER...still, LOVE your PASSION! Happy b'day for the 4th April, Wayne!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't go into extreme detail about the trolley crash. Let's just say that you should get insurance before you go on the carts at Chosen Valley, Drury... =]

    ReplyDelete