Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Amusing

Good...

The doctor was "very, very pleased" with the blood test patterns, particularly the declining cancer markers in the blood.

He was also pleased to note that I have had no nausea, extremely minimal diarrhoea, and that my hair is still "hanging around" (not his quote - my colloquialism).

Um...and no signs of flu yet!

Bad...

Pen exploded in my shirt pocket, causing icky stains.

Why do these leaky pens always pick on white shirts???

Amusing...

In a vain attempt to cleanse myself from my mishaps (can one ever cleanse oneself fully, he asked metaphysically), I ended up with blue stained palms and a blue-stained chest - and then the doctor called me...

As I sat down, he looked at me rather more quizically than usual...asked me how I was feeling...then mentioned the palms...

"Oh...that's from a leaky pen!"

Doctor's face shows tangible signs of relief...clearly chemo not THAT bad...

Then he examined my chest and noticed the bruise-like marks on my chest...pen ink again!

Hopefully he won't decide that I require a good psychiatrist rather than his own tender and expert oncologist care!

Tomorrow haircut 4, Terminator Salvation, visit from Eva T, recording session out at Laingholm...

A light schedule, then!

Till tomorrow...

G.

6 comments:

  1. I guess the pen is mightier than the sword, good progress Gerald!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! Splodgenessabounds - you might say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marjan, is fraffley a word, and if so, what does it mean?
    Tonight, no nausea and therefore no anti-nausea tablets at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard, an 80s group?
    Judging by post time, this must be the "British Richard"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imbesil's Law: In order for something to become clean, something else must become dirty.

    Freeman's Extension: .... but you can get everything dirty without getting anything clean.

    ReplyDelete