Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Fabulous Day!

A quick rundown of today's story so far!

Into school with Richard'n'Ruth.

A warm O.C. welcome in the staffroom.

Actually a bit cold talking to Kerry about Steve Winwood outside at 3 degrees...

Year 13s - 3 part harmony performance from Stephen Rea, Barbara M and Bronny, accompanied by Lee H on piano - sweet.

Then a rockout with Rodney F on lead, Jordan B on rhythm, Totoa L on bass and Sione F on drums.

Then guitar duo from Richard and Federico Q, Richard singing a love song for Ruth (went down a treat with our soppy year 13s!).

Then a chat to Edwards sound about a sound system for the hall.

Then fresh big cheese scones from the tuck shop.

Then fresh coffee and best-afghans-in-the-world from the Tech Crew in B block.

Then zooming around like semi-mad thing doing semi-mad things in the admin sphere.

Year 11s - a rhythm circle thing happening.

Lunch - performances from some of my year 12s - beautiful!

Leek and potato soup, french bread with butter, cheeses, cakes, good company!

Year 10 Practical music listening to Wyclef Jean and Elton John (cousins?).

Then into hozzy to get pump taken off.

No anti-nausea tablets since Wednesday.

I feel good.

News that Sophie's scholarship is a full one for 5 years.

Gobsmacked.

CD from my son - heart melted.

Looking forward to a celebration time tonight.

Although R'n'R's visit is WAY TOO SHORT, it is fantastic to have them here.

Have a lovely weekend!

G.

16 comments:

  1. Great news about Sophie's scholarship being a full one. Shona is disappointed she is unable to attend on the 14th - choir rehearsals etc. Perhaps we can have another challenge in the holidays. Enjoy your weekend. I finished my school reports last weekend so at least they're out of the way. Gafa was off school today supporting her Mum who was having her last radiotherapy treatment but unfortunately she now has to have chemo as well so the family are quite devastated as they thought their Mum was getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!
    Let me know if there are any further details on Gafa's mum's cancer.
    Prayers continuing, for healing and strength.
    I am sure we can schedule a further War of Words at some stage!

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all those descriptions of food I was expecting "With lashings of bacon for Timmy" to come next. It doesn't sound like you're at any risk of fading away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your nausea seems to be inactive. How else would you enjoy all that food?
    Don't want to be a wet blanket, but please make sure you get some quality resting time to allow your body to deal with the chemo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to sleep now...promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ian - I am REALLY enjoying bacon at present.
    How is your cold?
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assuming you mean this Ian, I guess it must be the low-water content stuff. The high water stuff doesn't fry too well.

    My cold is just about over, still a bit snuffly occasionally. When I saw my doctor about something else last Friday I didn't think I'd come down with a cold just after! I mentioned to him then that my asthma inhalers were probably good for their placebo value only, but didn't get a new prescription right then. Last night was the last phase of the cold, when it moved down into my chest, and I found out the hard way that my inhalers (with an expiry date of Dec 2005) were NOT a good placebo at all. They are completely empty. Rough night, got new inhalers today. Yay!

    I met a friend in the pharmacy, too - a former teacher who at one point a few months ago held the NZ record for the longest blood clot. He's doing much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cold sounds grotty - hope the new inhalers do the job, placebo or non-placebo.

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They worked quite nicely thanks, and I haven't had to use them today. My cough is sometimes horrendously productive sounding though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Productive sounding...
    Hmm...
    Not sure I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, it doesn't sound good, but it's getting better all the time! (And by better I don't mean more impressive.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was good to see you at church today.
    You certainly seemed much healthier than your descriptions from earlier in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm much better than poor Chris Knox, from the sounds of it.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10578331

    ReplyDelete
  14. Email me the link, as I can't access from blog and I can't remember such long adresses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Apple Macs have this neat feature called copy and paste. :P (Alexander will like that one after our conversation last night.)

    It's waiting in your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete