Friday, June 12, 2009

Time of Testing...

Today I got a little package from Green Lane Hospital.

I was hoping it would be a CD.

It was an appointment for a CT (NOT CD) scan, and some packs of powdered stuff to make up my dye drink with on the day - this is nothing like the colonoscopy drink - it actually tastes a bit like orange drink (or at least it did last time!).

The scan is to survey the tumours in my liver and abdomen and see what they're up to.

Hopefully not much! (unless shrinking is going on!)

The scan appointment is at 10am on Monday 29th June at Green Lane.

I don't know how long it will be - any ideas, anyone?

Diary dates coming up are:

Simon and Garfunkel tomorrow at 8pm

WotW at 3pm on Sun.

Tue 4pm doctor talk pre-chemo.

Wed 9am CHEMO/HAIRCUT 4 (followed by a showing of Terminator Salvation, with Andy C, my "chemo-buddy" for the day!) (followed by a recording of a demo cd of my song cycle/musical "The Good Samaritan" - can anyone suggest a better title which doesn't lock the thing up into historical/geographical/biblical context ? - this is actually an "outreach opus" - the best I can think of is "Roadkill".....hmmm....)

Thu 7pm Battle of the Bands at my school - we have about 11 bands competing - year 9 thru to year 13 - this is the first time I've run something like this, so I am very excited!

Thu 8.30pm the return of Lois!

Fri - pump off!

Well, that's the plan...

As I write this I am listening to a CD called "love songs" by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, a renowned qawaali singer (Pakistan), and his (very) extended family - it is gorgeous.

No reports tonight - they can wait till Sunday night.

4 comments:

  1. Title: 'Walk On By' or 'Look the Other Way' or 'One Good Deed...' Actually I think 'Roadkill' is much more attention - grabbing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about "blood on the tracks" ?

    just been listening to Laurie anderson Strange Angels - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas.
    Keep 'em coming.
    Blood on the Tracks too cross-referential, Rev!
    Strange Angels - Strangels??
    I really liked that Silver Mount Zion cd (or whatever it was called).

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Roadkill" it is.

    That feels right.

    G.

    ReplyDelete