Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CT Scan results

Today Lois and I discussed the results of the CT scan with Dr Thompson.

The fantasic/marvellous news is that all tumours have shrunk.

Those in my liver have shrunk "remarkably" (Dr Thompson's word).

Those in the abdomen have shrunk less markedly, but are still shrinking.

And the "cancer markers" (the protein released by the actual cancer into the bloodstream) have been dropping with each blood test, unusually, as a slight "whoosh" was expected at the start.

One thing that was amazing for the doctor is the chemo started 7 weeks after the bowel op, so actually some growth was expected, and it didn't appear to have happened.

The other amazing thing has been the noticeable lack of side effects from the chemo.

Wow!

Hallelujah!

We are celebrating tonight, except both kids are decidedly under the weather, so it is rather more subdued than I would like...

Thanks to the people who have given me "health supplements", those who have prayed/encouraged/etc., health professionals...

And to God be thanks...

So...where to now?

Keep up the prayers please till the little b.....s have totally disappeared from my system.

Chemo continues.

One-day-at-a-time continues.

After this course of chemo (remember I'm only a third of the way through it) we watch and wait...and hope and pray...and hopefully have saved some money for a nice holiday!

Other great news is that Sophie got a distinction for her Grade 4 piano exam!

Hooray!

Live each day well!

Gerald.

17 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news. Praise god for every bit of it. It's so good to receive good news!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, you are a living, breathing, walking testimony to the awesome power of the amazing God we serve.
    Let's keep praying for the little b....s to have totally disappeared from your system.

    God Bless

    Andrew C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard...
    Amen!
    The t-shirt is coool too!
    G.

    Ian...
    Amen!
    All things, whether health supplements, chemo, prayer, etc. are PART of the plan, and ALL to be given thanks for!

    Andrew,
    Thanks!
    See you tomorrow!

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Gerald. I love the photos Sophie- would like to see the real thing.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real thing is cool - hopefully Sophie will be doing the Trash to Fashion competition again this year, and we will let you know!

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um...don't you need to enter and get thru???
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup- that's doing it though anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i see. but is your school entered?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think her school must be entered. Otherwise she wouldn't be doing it. Am I right?

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always right... except when I'm not.

    I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well...sometimes we get suspicious of arrangements...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, a great gift, to be always right except when not...did you go walkies today?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, went walkies. I'm glad I'm not anaemic - would never have made it if I was.

    ReplyDelete