Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson departs...

"50 is far too young to die", they were saying at school today.

And of course I agree, though this is a highly coloured opinion!

And so is 14, and I thank God for the miracles of survival, rescue and healing in Alexander this week.

Michael Jackson - let's face it, the last few years were pretty terrible, whichever way you look at it.

When I heard the news, I was shocked and saddened, whilst recognising that there were some "shady" aspects to his private life.

Still, the music and dance will continue, while Michael now rests in hopefully a much more peaceful and whole situation than he experienced on this planet.

Bad, Black and White, Man in the Mirror, Thriller, Beat it, Human Nature, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Billie Jean...Ben, ABC, I Want You Back, I'll Be There...

Let's not remember the silliness and fantasy and hurt and bizarre stuff...let's remember the voice, the fragility, the sheer funkiness and style, the groove.

He's no Beethoven, Marley, Buckley or Lennon...but he will be missed, and his music and dance endure.

I am doing fine by the way and looking forward to a quiet weekend away from the West Coast (for once!) - and doing reports, writing a test and playing at church.

Love,

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment