Tuesday, June 9, 2009

About Bloggy Time!

Whoops.
Apologies for no blogs in the last 4 days or so.
It has been a busy time.
Richard and Ruth have been here, and it has been wonderful to have them with us.
Too short of course, but miles better than nix.
They left today.
I am missing them.
Our friendship with them goes back a long way...about 20 years.
One of those friendships where even though you may not see them for a while, you pick it up again when you get back together.
Don't forget War of the Words this Sunday, 3pm to 5pm-ish.
But yes, stay away if you have sniffles, snivels or sneezes.
Traipsed out to a "meet the school" type evening at St Cuth's - what a lovely library building they have.
Sophie met a girl who was with her in primary...also a scholarship winner.
Today I was the ONLY department teacher at school - Kirsty away with flu, Lee away with flu/cold and Theo away still pumping anti-biotics into his system.
A lonely, busy day then!
But most of all I miss my friends and wish they could have stayed here.
When will I see them again?
Thank goodness for Boston Legal on DVD, and Lois to comfort me while she is here in the country.
Health/comfort excellent still...a bit tired.
Goodnight!
p.s. coming up on Sunday 26th July at MRBC 7pm evening - "The Good Samaritan" (song cycle by me, written at start of the year).

4 comments:

  1. "When true friends meet in adverse hour;
    'Tis like a sunbeam through a shower.
    A watery way an instant seen,
    The darkly closing clouds between."
    - Sir Walter Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening! Gafa's Mum is having six weeks treatment for burns caused by radiotherapy. She is currently refusing chemo because they have not proved to her that the cancer has spread. She is a nurse and has long hair below her waist so I'm sure she doesn't want to lose that.
    Roseanne will probably come with me on Sunday and possibly Dairne.
    Yes I'm sure the house feels 'empty' and 'quiet' with your friends gone but how wonderful that they were able to come out and spend some quality time with you. I'm sure you have some happy memories to reflect on.
    Must put 26 July on the calendar.
    Mary Maxwell who taught at HPS and attended athletics knows Geoff(sp)who teaches Geography at OC so she is now following your blogs as well.
    I agree with your sister, make sure you make time for adequate rest. However,I'm pleased you're feeling pretty good and making the most of each day.
    All the best.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Richard's sermon on Sunday and I thought the words of his song were very applicable (to all sorts of situations).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy - cool poem. Thanks!
    Coralie - looking forward to seeing you Sunday!
    Love to Gafa - big hugs, etc.
    And to Mary!
    Saw Deo today at SKIDS.
    Now...back to reports.

    ReplyDelete