Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Making Progress

A concerted effort on the vegetation today.
Also a combined effort, with Alexander lopping some limbs (off trees).
I actually managed to hack into the wild, wild roses as well, which have grown thick and long and appear to be attempting arboricide on the plum trees.
Another bucket full of juicy plums.
Today has been death to privet day as well.
But I have noticed a real invasion of traffic cones in the area - Attack of the Cones!
They seem to breed when you're not looking.
I managed to get some 2B pencils today also - these are the VERY thing you need when writing music, and I seem to have misplaced my last set.
Now I can get into writing some parts for the Van Morrison Celebration (A Marvellous Night For A...)
Also some stand-alone pieces for the school string group.
Nothing more fun than writing out blobs on sticks with a 2B pencil.

2 comments:

  1. Sharpening a 6B pencil is quite fun if you have an electric sharpener, but quite unfun if you haven't.

    Death to privet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing music with a 6B would also be a bit of a challenge.
    I like big blobs, but 6B is probably a bit tooo blobby.

    ReplyDelete