Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh, No, It's Raining Again...

As I'm sure I remember Rodger Hodgson singing plaintively about 20 years ago.
It's been fun to get out into a moistened garden - see that things won't die of thirst.
Alexander had a big day caving yesterday - went with Ian in search of the elusive "Bassett Rd" cave in Waipu - I think they found it!
He and Lois were in at Ak hospital most of the morning, so that he could have the "metalware" in his right elbow removed.
As I type, he and cousin Daniel are sat watch Terminator - light relief!
This is the last of my truly leisurely weekends, as next week I'm back into prep for the year ahead.
I am mastering the new tooth brushing techniques with the electric, the floss and the microbrushes - getting behind the teeth is tricky, especially with floss/microbrush.
Lois says to relax and go with it - easier said than done, but incremental progress is better than none.
As I finish here, Verdi's Requiem is blazing away in the background - if the music is anything to go by, Verdi's vision of "the afterlife" is very dramatic - just make sure you don't put a foot wrong in this one!
R.I.P.(till tomorrow),
Gerald.

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do what you want with your own CDs, but isn't is sacrilegious to burn good music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even religious music, unless it's part of your religion (Verdi as a burnt offering?...hmmm)

    ReplyDelete