Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1001 Books To Read Before You Die

This is a book with the 1001 essential reads.
It spans from the ancient classics through to the latest fiction.
I don't think I have a chance of reading them all!
But I have read some.
I found the book on my niece, Marlene's, bookshelf when we visited for dinner.
A healthy splash of Ballard and Atwood (some titles I never knew existed).
The French and Russian classics were there, of course.
We had a great time at the Whites.
They have Sing Star (karaoke sort of competition) - Alexander and I competed on Song 2 by Blur ("woo-hoo!" is now worth POINTS).
Finally, if you are in Auckland reading this, please feel free to come over to my place 8am Thursday to help with gutter clearing (lose some of that Xmas excess!).
Down to Hofmann's farm tomorrow, after my portacath flush.

9 comments:

  1. Singstar is so much easier if you ignore the words.

    Gardening gloves are strongly recommended for the gutter clearing, for at least a couple of good reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May this new year be good to you. Keep smiling.Sorry I can't help clear the leaves... we don't have guttering here in Doha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... YOU found the book? I believe that was MOI. Ahemmm.And then you stole it off me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not many leaves in the guttering of Doha either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wouldn't have me helping clear them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what would a camel be doing on the roof anyway?
    tho they are the "ships of the desert"...

    ReplyDelete