Monday, January 11, 2010

Chopping Things Up

Tradescantia - no debate whatsoever.
Roses - they are trying to strangle the plum trees, and must be stopped.
The wild ginger - ruthless hacking required here.
Privet - another noxious beastie. It seems to have been planted??
Creepy, milky vines strangling the natives.
Phoenix palm - also noxious (and venomous, and nasty).
Lavender - overgrown.
Trees with leaves with holes in them - crowding the camelia trees.
Jasmine - training required. Harsh discipline.
With my trusty secateurs, loppers and bare hands, I will fight back!

4 comments:

  1. "It seems to have been planted??"

    That is not a question??? You should unplant it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Round-up and a Machete should do the trick, or a drop a Nepalm!

    I admire your stamina in the Garden....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian - sorry if this is one of those linguistically frustrating episodes for you?
    Andrew - say it with me - "I will not poison the Earth"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not sorry?

    Andrew, I don't think Gerald's palm is a Nepalm. He mentioned Phoenix Palm above.

    ReplyDelete