Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Snippets

Greetings!
I would like to recommend some related blogsites to you...
Alexander, my son, has one at alexvw.blogspot.com.
Sophie, my daughter, has one at sophiwophi.blogspot.com
Richard, my English friend, has one at dormandy.co.uk/blogspot, and as he is currently on a musical odyssey thru the Americas, you will find the photos, the MP3 clips and the commentary very interesting.
He is currently snorkelling in Cuba with his wife, Ruth, who has met up with him for a few days.
Here in Ak the weather has been beautiful - sunshine, blue sky, still weather.
Household/yard chores till lunch, a walk "round the bays" (Manukau that is) after lunch, then out to a cafe with Lois and Sophie (we paid for our own coffees and nibbles - do NOT call tis Dutch treat, okay?).
Back home to fireplace, martinis, Boston Legal and Black Books.
Last night I went out to Galbraith's, a "tavern" in town (top of Mt Eden Rd) and caught up with Alan Papprill, an ex-colleague from Otahuhu (he also has a blog on venture2doha.blogspot.com).
Peter, Rosemary and Malcolm were also there - my first time at Galbraith's - a highly convivial venue.
They brew their own ales on site, and I tried out a "Bitter and Twisted" - tasty!
Still feeling very good indeed.

G.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mr V, I heard of Moira Aneru (O.C. ex student as u will no doubt remember)'s participation in the "songwriter of the year: Semi final" at Auckland uni, the other day, didn't know if you would have heard about it, great to see our students doing so well after leaving OC's music dept family :)
    You've probably already seen this but i thought i would nevertheless send it to you. The link has the flyer i got sent about it: http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/Primeragirl/?action=view&current=Picture4.png

    Hope you are doing well.

    -Sasha Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sacha. Welcome to the blog. Yes, saw some of your stuff on your blog page - sounds like you are having a great time, tho of course there will be challenges...Thanks also for the news on Moira. Keep up the correspondence! And pass my regards on to your mum!
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, sure will! take care of yourself
    regards
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally found it!!! :) Hello Mr V, how is it going? Miss seeing you at the Music Department :( Hope you are doing well, my parents send their love. I am back for one more semester at uni, just need to pass 2 more papers to finish. I can't wait to finish!! Big thanks to you, Mrs Rhodes and Christina for being an inspiration and for helping me 2 be the person that I have always wanted to be today. Even though it is still early stages of my career, I believe its going to be a good one. :) I will keep checking up now that I know your site, yay! Take Care xox We shall talk soon :) Love to you, Alex and Sophie sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, Moira.
    And well done to you for getting through all the work.
    I was so proud of you with your performance at the concert with Tau!
    And enjoying the singing work you are doing with our students at O.C. as well.
    Enjoy yourself hugely and hopefully see you soon!

    ReplyDelete