Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday - end of an ERO

Off to work by myself.
Arrive at school - can't find my planning book!
Scoot around searching - the colleagues who could would should have seen it haven't...
Some even think I'm joking!!
Finally found it on a chair on a desk ion my classroom!
Lee away today - sore throat etc.
Inspector calls period 3 - there are 4 students in my year 11 class -
Joshneel with the grand piano in the hall, Aso and Evean on guitars outside, Esoto with a crowd of admirers and/or rivals in S4 on drums - leaving me to chat with the ERO man about courses etc.
Then the feeling of relief when he's gone!
Just one of those things.

Feeling terrific - positive, healthy and indestructible today.

G.

10 comments:

  1. Indestructible huh? So... you want to go caving? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep!
    Waitomo or bust!
    Some time ... in Sept??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm... http://www.asg.org.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=6 ...

    "05/06 Sept 09 Waitomo"

    I have no idea what cave or how advanced that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...will check it out.This is before my hols, tho!
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sort of this are you thinking of? The tourist walk-through caves there? The tourist adventure caves, like black water rafting? Something a little more adventurous, and self guided (but still mostly walk-through)? Something with mud, sweat and tears (only the first of which contributed by the cave)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking adventurous, self-guided, mostly walk-thru (for me at least) - at this stage!
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know a suitable cave. How much do you want to do? Hours? Days?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few hours a day.
    Spill the beans, you cryptic caver you!
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See http://www.htg.org.nz-a.googlepages.com/accommodation-clubhut for an indication of prices for accomodation. Becoming an NZSS member, BTW, costs $50 through the Auckland Speleo Group (http://www.asg.org.nz/), $5 extra per child, so it could pay for itself in accomodation for one trip alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...sounds interesting. Will check it out.
    G.

    ReplyDelete