Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Absolutely Fantastic"

These were the words that emphasised the latest set of blood results for me.
Though I share the sentiment, they were the doctor's words - not mine.
My cancer markers have gone down to 450.
At the start of the process they were 4000 (count the zeroes!).
Today is chemo no.8 - I am hoping and p[raying that my markers will totally drop by the end of the course - who wouldn't?
Aymen, the registering doctor who I talked to yesterday, also noted that my immunity levels have remained, mysteriously, noticeably strong.
I am taking Ambrotose and Maxiferrin, both of which are said to boost the immune system.
However, these things are very expensive to take regularly, and when I come off chemo I will have to make a choice between them - we have been living on one income for quite a while now!
After the hospital session yesterday it was back to school for Show rehearsal.
After concerns about the cohesion within my Super Twelve group, it was satisfying to have a really good practice session with smiles, energy and teamwork.


Love,

G.

4 comments:

  1. Have to agree with your doctor - Absolutely Fabulous! What good news. Keep up whatever you are doing to get such good results. We're always here for you - a bit in the background, but we are here nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Joke!
    A detailed account of your cruise would be great, either on the blog or by email!
    As to what I am doing...thinking and praying positively, hopefully, and leaning on my family and friends for support! Other than that, my fate is in God's hands, which is "all good".

    Love, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening,
    back on line for a bit and catching up on yoru blog. What a picture Gerald - of you and Andy.
    Great to to have encouraging news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back on the blog, Richard!
    You may find some messages from me on yours...
    G.

    ReplyDelete