Sunday, August 16, 2009

Big Week Coming

Feeling less tired.
Appetite still a little low.
A lovely weekend with family, tho low emotional state meant I stayed away from folks on Sat.
Sophie will be joining me in the worship teams, when we can make Thursday practices and Sunday mornings.
A very wet weekend.
Lois and I got soaked doing our 40 minute walk round Hillsbro.
My friend Michael has a chest infection - please pray!
Lois fell over on Friday - please pray for her too.
And please pray that I will be wise enough to handle the busy week.
Dress rehearsals Monday and Tuesday.
Shows on Wed through to Sat.

Love,

Gerald.

8 comments:

  1. A poem about changing encomic opportunities

    I met a bloke from Auckland
    He thought of buying pork land
    But pigs don't fly
    And cheap is sky
    So settled he on stork land.


    Thinking of and praying for you all.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. verse 1 of a song, please, Richard!
    And well done for finding things to rhyme with Auckland!
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't going to say that...tho in the Moomin books (Tove Jansen) there is a character called the Snork, and also with all our cell phones, we could be the land of talk....

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a Lord of the Rings filming spy report I made back in about Easter 2000 I referred to the crew camp at Ruapehu as Orcland. I had taken a trip down there to have a look at the filming and found more than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then of course there is Mork from Ork...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see the episode of Mork & Mindy where a visitor was convinced of an alien cover-up conspiracy? I think Mork was trying to turn himself in or something. The visitor picked up Fred's orchestra folder - labelled "Orch" in big letters - and pronounced that Mork could be "Mork from Orch".

    ReplyDelete
  7. No - didn't see that one. I just used to love Robin Williams's extremely funny monologues..

    ReplyDelete