Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Walter's Amazing Sandwiches!

Walter M teaches guitar at O.C.
He has been doing it since long before I got there.
He is also a flautist, artist, architect and general Renaissance Man.

In 2005 I plunged into a deep personal crisis.
One day (Wednesday) Walter, Jim, Maree and I were gathered at break time chewing the fat...
Walter had what appeared to be a sumptuous sandwich with him - noticing that I was in quite a bereft state, and possibly in need of physical sustenance, he offered me a half of his sandwich.
And ever since that day he has religiously brought me a Walter Moore Original (sandwich) on the Wednesdays.

He puts a wide cariety of things therein - today it was Vogels bread filled with tuna, feta, yummy greens...a REAL sandwich!
As I had been doing some work with my counsellor this morning about living in the moment and being mindful of things (including food), I decided to devote myself to the wholehearted enjoyment of the sandwich.
As I chomped reverently on the sandwich, a wagger passed by - "looks like a good sandwich, Sir!"
"Yes it is", I replied.
And I was tempted to add "and the best thing about it is ... that it was made with love".
Thanks, Walter (though I doubt you'll read this - it's not your scene so much!)!

2 comments:

  1. I currently have a penchant for tomato and cheese sandwiches. I've almost finished my present block of cheese but I noticed when I started it that it was only 900 grams, down from the old 1 kg size. That downsizing got a mention on the front page of the NZ Herald this morning - it seems they sell for the same price. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downsizing - crafty and cynical, eh?
    Paddle pops getting smaller too.

    ReplyDelete