Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sisters....

I am blessed with 4 sisters.
Carla, Marjan, Joke and Plonie.
All older than me, Plonie by a mere 8 years.
Most had left home as I wended my way thru adolescence.
So being spoilt wasn't really in the picture as much as being solo.
Carla has 2 daughters who are only about 5 years younger than me, and in many ways I feel as close to them as if they WERE sisters.

Today Marjan flew up from Wngtn and out to London.
Plonie and I went to visit her in transit and had a meal at the Toby Jug (in the airport neighbourhood).
Carla rang this morning, and I plan to visit Joke in the first week of the hols.
Why am I sharing this?
I was struck today by how important it is yo be mindful of family connections - not because they are fun, useful, helpful, etc. but because they ARE.

Rootedness.

Bon voyage, Marjan!

No comments:

Post a Comment