Thursday, May 14, 2009

Infinity and Beyond

I was struck by a thought yesterday which has been incredibly powerful for me.

We live in an infinite universe (though it appears that possibly it may be finite...)

God is an infinite being (especially if we believe He created "this place", i.e. the infinite universe).

Made in His/Their image, human beings contain infinity within themselves - infinite imagination, infinite capacity, infinite possibilities...

This was especially exciting for me today in terms of classroom teaching - awareness of myself as a truly creative being, and awareness of my students and colleagues as similarly limitless - perhaps limited only by fear.

Anyone reading this - don't be scared! Be Unlimited!

Day-by-day....recorded cd of viola music yesterday - thanks Chris W!

For someone in nutripenia, I didn't do too badly getting back home at 11.20pm!!

Today felt REALLY good - sometimes wonder if people expect me to be feeling weak, low, sad, tired, etc. - if so, sorry to disappoint (except that I'm not at all sorry for feeling well!!).

Some crappy student interactions today (not "my own" students), but ones that drove me to challenge the kids about how they are spending their time.

So, finally, may your tomorrow be God-given, God-shriven and God-driven!

Lots of infinite love,

G.

4 comments:

  1. You know, infinity-ness doesn't imply complete limitlessness. A line is infinitely long, but is limited to a single dimension. A plane is limited to two dimensions. There's only so much we can do this side of eternity, and so much that we have to look forward to.

    Did the students rise to your challenge? Will time tell?

    How long does your neutropenia last and how severe is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True comments and questions all. Neutropenia lasts around a day - I guess there is an exact time pinpoint, but not sure when - a bit like the sea/ocean at low tide.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So your immune system is now building up again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That the theory.
    I guess my assessment session this Tuesday will reveal a more exact pattern of low/high.
    Will let you know.
    G.

    ReplyDelete