Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Live Long and Prosper"

A catchphrase from the "Star Trek" movie the space family vW ventured forth to see this afternoon.

We are all now adept at the Vulcan salute/greeting, and my children now know the significnce of being "beamed up".

A more substantial review follows (look out also for reviews of Ballard's Hello America and C.W. Stoneking's Jungle Blues).

A lovely day - I had a few hatless episodes - regrettably my rasta hat is now more closely akin to a tea cosy!

Sophie had a piano lesson today - she is receiving rigorous, musical and inspiring training from Susan Smith, and is in the final stages of preparing for her Grade 4 exam.

We drove back from the movie on the new stretch of motorway - Sandringham Rd to Hillsborough Rd.

Tonight Lois and I will further embroider the time warp theme by watching William Shatner (the original Captain Kirk) as Denny Crane in "Boston Legal".

Tomorrow a Baxter family do.

Marking to do - luxury!

And of course prep for the Psalms Concert!

G.

6 comments:

  1. live long and prosper

    \\ //

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, matey!
    Er... should I call you "Bones"???
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cut it out!
    Er..I mean...beam me up. Scotty!
    It's life, Jim, but not as we know it...

    G-force...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He's dead, Jim. I'll take his tricorder, you search his pockets."

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

    ReplyDelete