Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chemo Day - Into Battle

Life is a battle.
Seems that way at least - no, IS that way.
That does not mean it isn't fun at least some if not most of the time.
But from the day we are conceived the battle begins.
Today is a more specific battle, but as I mentioned before, I have Folfiri on my side (or should that be "in my side"?).
I feel a little bit like the "damsel in distress" waiting in a high stone tower for the battle to be won by my champion...
On another level, as with all world wars, genocides, natural disasters, God holds all these things "in his hands" ("in her hands" for those of us recognising the need for gender identification with Deity).
He already knows the cards/the way the battle will play out/even the variables.
If God is in charge, why worry?
The fear of pain, nausea, losing senses, NOT being able to enjoy breakfast, music, teaching, viola, sex, hugs, ever again...
What do you think I had for my "last breakfast" this morning (no answers from you, Sophie, because you were there!)??

Thankyous to people for yesterday -
Lorna for dinner and companionship and looking after Sophie,
Pritika for organising parking and pre- and post-consult hugs,
the unsmiling wench at 3 Kings pharmacy who reminded me that smiles can make somebody's day,
the O.C. Super 12 who are faced with a much more "flexible" rehearsal schedule than we started with,
Ben Swann for being Ben Swann in my year 12 class (I left them in good hands!),
Janna Jones for explaining interesting and hopefully helpful machines,
The Simpsons for (continually) reminding me that there possibly are other families with similar levels of dysfunctionality,
the Hofmanns for (real) haircut, (good) wine, (shared) humour and (warm) friendship.

Catch you after Chemo Session 1!

Gerald.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Gerald. I will be thinking of you as much as poccible today, and sending you some positive Reiki to help you along

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks.
    I am sure it helped.
    plz keep it up.
    when will i see you again??
    G.

    ReplyDelete