Saturday, May 9, 2009

"I Know That My Redeemer Lives"

He that frees me.
From death, from everything.
To life everlasting and always good.
I at last shall see Him...
And with my own eyes, not second-hand.
Wow!

And this is from Job chapter 19 (verses 25 - 27).

Not even half way through the book!

And BEFORE God speaks to him about his suffering (Faith, Hope and Love).

I will be singing these verses at church tomorrow.
I last "performed" them at my father-in-law's funeral (Arthur).
I worked up the song to go and sing at Elim Christian College last year (after the Mangatepopo disaster which claimed 6 students and one teacher from their school community)...
Read the verses, if you aren't able to make it to my church tomorrow (MRBC on Richardson Rd) at 10am.

The verses state simply and strongly that we have no need to fear death and every reason to expect a wonderful meeting time on "the other side of the grave".

Other amazing things from today include:

5 years since my mother moved on.
My mother-in-law's birthday!
Oak leaves stampeding along the pathway at Cornwall Park.
The full moon rising, floating, flying, hiding and revealing itself...
Sophie's new, self-composed piano piece...
The trees you swim through at times in Cornwall Park.
Darn good coffee at Cafe O.
Alexander's helpfulness in many ways today.
My wife's kind, thoughtful eyes, energised by her smile.
Hugs and holding of hands....

Bach's preludes and fugues for keyboard.

Pain free and floating, without pumps or wires.

Care, gentleness, love.

And to answer questions and put you out of your misery, my last pre-chemo breakfast was appelstroop on buttered toast, and I did eventually call the hozzy about the hiccups...they said "oh, they didn't tell you about that side effect"!

I am about to see whether my Saturday evening appetite for butter chicken remains!

Yours,

Very Peaceful, thankful, hopeful...

Gerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment