Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Maxi-update

It is the night before nutripenia (sp??).
When my immune system will be at its lowest ebb for the cycle, 7 days after the infusion.
It has been a very full few days since the last fullish blog written to you.
And, most thankfully, a very sweet week.
Symptoms have been minimal so far, and I'll go with that, thank you!
Even the diarrhoea was pretty minimal and harmless.
My appetite has not been affected at all - probably greater than ever!
I have now worn three different wigs at school - kids, staff and myself all seem to enjoy the novelty and fun.

Sunday was groovy - the Job song went well - it was lovely having Mike Coleman play a suitably mellow lead line over the verse, along with Andrew Finn on clarinet - you will have a chance to hear these guys "rock out" at the Psalms Concert on 24th May.

Lois has been in Oz since yesterday, and her sister Nola has been looking after us in the evening, cooking up lovely meals then staying on with her son Aren for a game of monopoly (Aren is so keen on it - reminds me of Alexander, indeed myself, when we were young and nothing seemed as important as playing monopoly!!!).

A really beautiful thing happened for me today - my "Super Twelve" group wrote a beautiful, tender song for me...I didn't dare ask who it was for, but of course the truth will out!
These kids...so direct, open, beautiful.
I hope no one asks me whether I enjoy teaching, or why I chose to go back to work.
25 years I've been doing this and it just gets better and better.
Since bowel op it's been exciting to reorient as to what is important in education, and I'll tell you something for nothing...it sure as hell ain't the paperwork...
I'm happy to argue this one of course, but be prepared to lose....
And if anyone from NZQA is reading this...it's never too late to change your career!
Enough politics (for now)...
Time for a sleep in preparation for going on (Sticky) TV tomorrow.

Lots of love, gifts, peace...

G.

4 comments:

  1. actually it's "neutropenia".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarty...
    I think you might just be jealous cos you haven;t got one...
    G.
    p.s. any other info???

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutropenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. um... you were the one who asked about spelling in the 1st place! DAD!

    ReplyDelete