Wednesday, May 6, 2009

After the Haircut (haircut no.1)

I was spoilt for choice for titles for this blog.

The above-mentioned?

"Back to Wonderland"?

"Lois - missing in action (missing inaction)"?

"Folfiri's First Foray"?

"My life as a dizzy blonde"?

"Good drugs, bad drugs, red wine and chocolate"?

"Another Day of Gifts"?

I dunno.

Clearly I have been affected psychologically in what I feel is a very benign way.

It has been a beautiful, special and loving day.

I am very happy and not at all in pain/distress/discomfort etc.

I have met some very special people today and experienced great tenderness and love from friends, family etc.

Today I give thanks to Maria C (transport, company, catering, laughs),
Lois (keeping in touch when possible),
Lorna (presence and prayers and pick-ups),
nurses etc. (wonderful care),
Kerry (phone call, phriendship),
Pritika (chips and orange and ipod and hugs and good conversation),
Alexander and Sophie (self-reliance, patience and good humour - I am proud of you both),
Folfiri (getting stuck into my cancer),
Jonathan J (taking the weight from my metaphysical shoulders re: PPTA),
emailers, texters and blogfollowers (anonymous, ubiquitous and united),
Joke (reiki transmission)
God (mysterious, powerful and PRESENT in ways you can only experience for yourself)
and.......
Samson (mysterious, present and demanding, reminding me that there is always someone whose needs can be met by ME).

Love is the only thing that matters.

Believe it, live it and all else falls into place!

Really!

Amen (the name of my registrar yesterday is Aymen).

I send you my love - enjoy!!!

Gerald.

2 comments:

  1. That blog sounds a lot more like the Gerald we know and love! You sound almost buoyant - must have been a good cocktail today! Deo from SKIDS was asking after you this afternoon. He apparently saw you at Cornwall Park in the holidays and wanted to speak to you but by the time he got the children organised you had gone.
    You were also 'mentioned in despatches' at the athletics prizegiving on Sunday. Keep smiling! C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Coralie.
    Tried to get back to you before but blog played up.
    Must be cheap!
    Love to Deo (in excelsis gloria!).
    Hope despatches didn't despatch me too summarily!

    G.

    ReplyDelete