Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time to Sleep

Something about Tuesdays...
Today a non-contact period 1, then teaching periods 2-5, break at lunch, then teaching thru till 4.45 (supertwelve, of whom 8 showed up, 2 of whom left at 4pm).
Back thru rush hour traffic (Theo's present car has delicious air conditioning - yay!
My car's air con will be sorted tomorrow, I hope!

I have decided not to get too uptight about the students' lack of correct uniform - no one else does, so it's more trouble than it's worth swimming against that current - it is incredible though, what gets tolerated...
A symptom of this attitude is that I find myself ringing the parents of students who have not yet bought theory books, an essential part of our course (and stark contrast to Alex and Sophie having stationery and text books, in A's case, sorted BEFORE they start school).
In my opinion we do these "poor, underprivileged, South Auckland" kids no favours by pandering to slack expectations...
Enough!

I am sure we're all doing our best.
Really shouldn't take it home with me...

Tomorrow evening at 7.30 you can catch me performing psalms 13 and 39 as part of our church's Ash Wednesday service (a Baptist church doing Ash Wednesday? What is the world coming to?)- if you're in Auckland, that is.

A quote from my current read, Schindler's Ark, to finish with:

"An hour of life is till life."

oh, and...

"save one man, and you save the world."

goodnight!

3 comments: